Saturday, December 17, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
United Methodist Day at OU
Saturday, Dec. 10
428 W. Lindsey St, Norman, OK
Cost: $18 for lunch, t-shirt and a ticket to the Arkansas/OU Men's Basketball game.
Open to all ages
Registration deadline: Monday, Nov. 28 by noon.
OU Wesley Foundation
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
- Building Fund – 3072.82,
- General Fund - $2261.59,
- Total - $5334.41
We will have a new church insurance company as of OCT 1, 2011. Patrick will explore options.
Harold has already order Christmas candy to be delivered in December.
We will sack candy on DEC 18, 2011.
Conference will always be in Oklahoma City at St. Luke’s UMC and OCU.
Patrick told about the District Mission Trip to Tennessee that he and Mattie attended.
- St. Yootz Day, August 13th was a fabulous albeit exhausting time with teenagers.
- Finance Committee Meeting - Monday, Aug. 22, --- Patsy Stoll, Harold Hunt, Alba Dissinger, Fred Dissinger, Heidi Dissinger, Ken Welhouse, Daryl Perry, Betty Bigbow, Donna Carothers, Deloris Arnett, Don Chancellor, Judy Macfadzean,
- UMM Workday - Saturday, Sept. 10, Lawton District Men’s Workday at Aldersgate/Redemption
UMC, 8--- Breakfast provided by ’s St. Paul UMC,Lunch provided by Sterling UMC, 12-15 men from will be helping. Work to be done: cleaning and painting the outside of the building. For more Information contact Patrick McPherson at 569-2734. Lawton Community Correctional Center
- Patrick will be going to Kansas City, Mo. Sept 28-30.
- Charge Conference – October 17 at 7:00 p.m.
- Indiahoma High School Outreach Lunch – 0ctober 26 at 12:00 noon.
- Patrick went over the Safe Sanctuaries Policy. A motion to adopt the policy passed unanimously.
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Like us on Facebook and tap into our favorite resources, online courses, blogs and stories.
Want to see your church not just survive, but thrive? Give me five! United Methodist Communications can give you a hand with five key ingredients of highly successful churches. We call these our "high five." To learn more about tools and resources we offer to improve your church's marketing, communication and growth, order your free "High 5" brochure by calling 1-888-346-3862 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or view online here.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Patrick opened the meeting with prayer.
Minutes from the March meeting were read and approved.
Balance at the end of March:
Building Fund - $4298.35
General Fund - $3839.42
Total - $8137.77
There has been no progress on paying apportionments.
The insurance on the building has not been paid because we have not received a bill. All of the churches are in the same situation.
Alba shared the revisions to the Safe Sanctuaries Policy. Things that need to be done are getting a strap for the TV, making a locked area for toxic materials and put windows in the doors. Ken Wellhouse offered to put the windows in the door. Patrick will type up the revisions to the policy so it can be presented for approval at the May meeting.
Jeannie and Shorty Davis offered to remove the dead trees and plant new ones.
Al and Ann Bennett were thanked for the thermostats. Johnny Belcher installed them at no cost. Al said the thermostats will be set at 73 degrees in the summer.
Bible study will finish up with the last two meetings being on April 10 (Monday) and April 11 (Tuesday).
Trash Off and church breakfast, April 16, cooking at 7:00 a.m., eating at 8:00 a.m.
Palm Sunday and Snyder Ministerial Alliance Holy Week Service at Snyder UMC, April 17, 6:00 p.m.
Maundy Thursday service at Snyder UMC, April 21, 6:30 p.m.
Good Friday Service at Indiahoma UMC, April 22, 6:30 p.m.
Easter, April 24
Outreach Lunch to Indiahoma High School students, April 27 at noon.
Lawton District Youth Paintball Rally, May 1 at 2:00 p.m. at the Lawton Paintball Arena. Cost is $25.
Annual Conference in OKC, May 29-June 1. If no one goes from our church, June Tucker will present Conference information at an Indiahoma church service.
Lakeside service with Snyder UMC, moved to June 12th, Indiahoma providing paper plates, plastic cups, napkins and plasticware.
Vacation Bible School-Jungle Safari Adventure, June 13-17. We will set up the church on Sunday, June 5.
Herwannah closed the meeting with prayer.
Monday, March 14, 2011
- Not a good month, our gas bill was $1563.50
Al Bennett suggested installing programmable thermostats.
Al will look into the cost of buying and installing the thermostats.
- Balance at the end of FEB:
Building Fund - $4452.47
General Fund - $3407.61
Total ---------- $7860.08
- April 17 --- Palm Sunday
- Ministerial Alliance at Snyder UMC
- Maundy Thursday at Snyder
- Good Friday at Indiahoma
- April 24 --- Easter Service
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Saturday, January 22, 2011
- Micah and Abby Moeller are expecting a baby and Trey and Heather Carothers are expecting twins, all babies due in July.
- Indiahoma High School made national news when USA Today (JAN 3, 2011) picked up the story in the Lawton Constitution (DEC 28, 2010) about making sleeping mats for homeless people out of "WalMart" bags. (Bags from all stores are used.)
- Our church won a landscape makeover from our local FFA because we contributed the most food to their food drive.