Pastor Jim opened with prayer.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read and approved.
Balance, June 2012
Building Fund - 1070.27
General Fund - 4531.43
Total - 5601.70
- VBS was a huge success.
- Ice Maker: Angie the Repairman said he would take the old ice maker in exchange for parts and labor when he tried to fix it. Motion made, seconded and carried to accept Angie's offer.
- The landscape project north of Fellowship Hall is completed. Pictures to follow.
- When it cools down, landscape work at the front of the church will begin.
- Al Bennett offered to put a trickle water system in the "tree yard" when it cools down. He will also remove the dead, dying trees.
- Fred Suggested we introduce our new pastor at the School Ice Cream Social. Great idea.
- Herwannah asked that people start thinking about the Christmas program and share any ideas they have. The program will be on Sunday, DEC 16, 2012.
- Harold has already ordered the Christmas candy.
The Perkins are glad to be here and excited about our journey together.
Our new District Superintendent, Chris Tiger, will be at our church on Sunday, August 5, at 2:00 p.m. Jim hopes he can come earlier to eat with us as this will be our next church dinner and board meeting day.
The 2011 audit was due on July 1st. We are one of many naughty congregations who did not get this done. Because we always pay 100% of our apportionments and we have already paid 100% of district apportionments and 50% of conference apportionments this year, we aren't in too much trouble over the late audit report. But we do need to get it done.
Jim is going to spend the entire day at our church 2 to 3 times a year and will do the same at Snyder. That way he can be a part of the whole church experience, not just the sermon portion.
Another great idea is a "Welcome Home Service." This is something Jim did at Nowata, in the fall around Thanksgiving, when he was pastor there. It was a special service for people who used to attend church there. It wasn't a gimmick to get them to come back, just a celebration time to see them again. Of course there was a special meal after this service. Start thinking of people we can invite to our Welcome Home Service.
Jim would like to have a church directory with pictures. He thinks we can do it ourselves.
Daryl said Colleta winked at him. Patsy seconded the wink. Daryl said good-bye.